Video Capture Help
If you’re having problems recording a video using the big red button, in the Social School Award evidence submission area, here are some steps that may help.
- Instead of recording using the big red button, choose to upload a video you have created instead.
- If uploading a video yourself is not an option then here are a few things to try if you’re having difficulties with the big red button
- Close all apps and browser windows on your device and retry your submission
- Restart your device and try again
- Switch internet to a wi-fi connection
- Go close to your router for stronger signal strength
- Try a different recording device
- Devices older than 2 years can give issues
- Mobile records better than desktop
- Try a different internet connection
- Upload speed is the biggest problem users face submitting videos. Try a connection with faster upload.
- Poor cellular internet signal can give issues especially for users living far outside a city
- Try a different browser
- Chrome, Safari, Explorer and Edge work best
- mobile devices give the best video quality
Issues beyond our control:
There are some elements that affect the big red button that are beyond our control. There are known issues with Samsung devices older than 2 years, some lesser known mobile devices, Windows tablets and Google Chrome on Windows 10. Also some lesser known browsers that don’t meet web standards can sometimes have issues with it.
- If you have issues with desktop recording please ensure your flash is up to date and test your webcam setup at http://mailvu.com
- Sometimes if a user is on a wifi connection that gets interrupted it can affect the video and audio sync.
- These issues are web infrastructure and device related and will eventually work themselves out as browsers and devices become more standardized.